Friday, October 30, 2009

New Queries

I've taken a break from writing for a few months, and a few weeks ago realized I've really missed it. Taking a break really stops the creative juices from flowing as much, and at first I had a hard time getting back into it. This pregnancy has honestly worn me out. I don't remember being so tired with my last 2 kids, but this time is horrible! I also have a hernia and the pain is constant, so I've been struggling with that as well. But, I'm ready to start writing again, and have a dozen ideas or so that I want to write about. I just can't tell the voices to go away. Even when I wasn't writing.
In query news, I am attempting to query a few agents at the moment. I'm nervous, excited, and subdued actually. I'm not getting my hopes up, and if I get rejected, that is fine. I just need to keep trying, and make my book better! I've finished two young adult novels now, and am starting on a few others, so I will keep you updated! It's good to be back!:)

2 comments:

Susan R. Mills said...

I'm glad you are back into writing. I'm sorry your pregnancy has been difficult for you. Perhaps your writing will take your mind off of it. :) Good luck with your querying. It is daunting, isn't it?

Jessie Oliveros said...

I didn't write much my first trimester, either. Actually, it was about my third trimester that my writing really took off. Yes, pregnancy. No fun. But worth it in the end. Good luck with querying.