Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Weird Word Wednesday!

I sort of have a fascination with strange words. So, every Wednesday I'll post a new one. If anyone can think of a clever sentence to use this word in, I would love to see it!

Today's weird word is:confute

Definition:
1. To overwhelm by argument; to refute conclusively; to prove or show to be false.


My sentence: I regularly confute with my husband about which movie to watch on a Friday night. Chick flicks all the way! :) Unless we have a Lord of the Rings marathon. Totally down with that.

10 comments:

LisaAnn said...

I love a good "Lord of the Rings" marathon as much as a Jane Austen marathon.

Michelle Merrill said...

Maybe it's just too early this morning, but this word has me stumped :)

Yes, I even tried to confute with it.

(Okay that was totally awful! Haha)

Lauri said...

My son likes to confute us with reasons he should be allowed to have M rated games and a cat.

Kerri Cuev said...

I could watch Lord of the Rings every weekend!

Candice said...

Charlie Sheen clearly confuted all his critics and interviewers. Or maybe I should say, Charlie Sheen clearly sheened all his critics. Because he's Charlies Sheen. And he has tiger blood, a fact that is in-confutable.

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Lisa and Kerri- I LOVE The Lord of the Rings. One of my favorite movies EVER.

Michelle- You are hilarious! LOL

Lauri- I'd say no to both too! Ha ha.

Candice: Ha ha! Love it!! Charlie Sheen is a crazy. Enough said.

Melissa said...

I LOVE THIS WORD! I'm going to go out and confute with someone just so I can tell them we're confuting...!

Angie said...

Oooo. I love weird words! That one is terrific.

Cherie Reich said...

Great word! Yay for the Lord of the Rings marathon. *grins*

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I really like this word! We have the extended editions of Lord of the Rings. I sheepishly admit I still need to watch them.