Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wierd Word Wednesday

Today's weird word is: aglet

Definition:

1. A metal tag or sheath at the end of a lace used for tying, as of a shoelace.

2.(in the 16th and 17th centuries) an ornament at the end of a point or other ribbon used to secure a garment.

My sentence: That song about aglets on Phineas and Ferb is hilarious.

Also, I just wanted everyone to know that I tried escargot yesterday. So, NOT good. It tastes like it sounds. Chewy, rubbery, and gross. Even if I slathered it in garlic sauce it was still disgusting. The hubby owes me BIG!

I've been thinking about my blog, and I'm pretty sure I need a new header. Well, not need. Want. Anyone creative out there that has any ideas? I'm so not a creative header creator. Say that three times fast! :)

7 comments:

Robyn Campbell said...

Great sentence. And if hubby had wanted me to try escargot and I did? We'd have walked down to the jewelry store. Or better yet, went looking for another horse. (I want two more, he doesn't.)

Good luck with the header.

Ruth Josse said...

Haha! Last week my son came to me complaining that he needed new shoelaces because the "thing" on the end came off and he couldn't relace it. And I said wait, what's that thing called and he said oh yeah an aglet! Thanks to Phineas and Ferb:)

Patti said...

I need a new header as well and I don't mind escargots, but I don't think I would pay to eat them.

Jeigh said...

A-G-L-E-T, aglet! Don't forget it!

Jordan McCollum said...

We're gonna tie the world together!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you still haven't learned the word. I mean, we spelled it a bunch of times in the song. Phineas and Ferb is the best show. Ever. Love the word!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

@Robyn Campbell Yeah. My hubby is getting me SOMETHING after eating that crap. :)
@RuthI really don't know why Phineas and Ferb is so funny. It just is! And just think, our kids now know what aglets are! :D
@PattiYeah...didn't pay to eat them, but had to. Stupid etiquette class. :(
@JeighI'll never forget! Ha ha ha!
@Jordan McCollumYay! Another Phineas and Ferb fan! :D
@Madeline BartosOh, Candice. What will she think of next. That line you just quoted was my favorite line in that episode. SO FUNNY! :D