Monday, May 16, 2011

Let the Yeti Talk - The Abominable Snowman Expedition



**Make Sure You Click On The Picture First To Start Your Adventure! You'll End Up Here Sooner or Later! **

***

"What's wrong?" The beast eyes you up and down, causing your whole body to tremble. You hold your ground, determined not to run. Yet.

You decide to give it a chance. "Nothing. Go on."

The Yeti sighs and continues its story. "Many years ago, I was a human. Like yourself. I had a home. A family. A life."

For some reason your head feels funny.

"I was selfish. Not nice or compassionate toward anyone. Then one day, I woke up to find myself looking like this." The Yeti raises its arms, gesturing to the matted fur covering its body. It lets out a whoosh of breath right into your face.

The foul odor makes you nearly lose your lunch and you resist covering your nose so you don't offend it.

The Yeti continues. "Someone thought it would be funny to turn me into this and make me stay this way until a girl falls in love with me. Then the spell will be broken."

There is something about the story that sounds very familiar,

Your mind is getting fuzzy now, but in the haze, a memory floats to the surface. You've heard stories about the Yeti's ability to hypnotize its prey before it attacks.

"I know what you're trying to do," you whisper.

The Yeti's head snaps up, its yellow eyes wide. It bares its teeth slightly, before settling down again, looking annoyed. "Don't run away. Just relax. Let me tell you another story."

You take a step backward, gripping your flashlight so tight your hand starts to hurt. "I'm not going to be your dinner." You jump as the Yeti gets slowly to its feet.

"You're just going to make things more difficult, but chasing you may make the game more fun." It chuckles, a deep menacing sound that seems to shake the entire cave. "For me." It takes a giant step forward, baring its enormous teeth.

You have just enough time to shine the flashlight right in its eyes, momentarily blinding it.

The Yeti roars, stumbling backward. The sound echoes through the cave, nearly shattering your eardrums.

You throw the flashlight at its face and take off running into the darkness.

After what seems like hours, but you're sure was only minutes, you reach the mouth of the cave. You're almost there. Adrenaline courses through your body, and just as you reach the snowy edge, a mass of white fur blocks your path.

You scream as a second yeti looms over you. Its teeth even larger than the first.

It smiles.

Not the ending you were hoping for?

Pick a different fate!

Go Back and...

Run?

Chomp Down a Candybar?

Start Over


3 comments:

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Definitely not the ending I was hoping for! I don't want to be eaten by a Yeti! Going back to try another route :) This is totally fun - I want to do one in my on genre!

Maria Papadopoulou said...

Wow, I loved the raw emotions and imagery. Very intense-and funny at times.

Unknown said...

Great ending. I enjoyed this one the most.