Friday, October 21, 2011

Random Thoughts From This Week

1. This exercise thing is going great. Besides getting up at 5:40 in the morning. :P But, it's giving me more writing time and getting me into shape. I think I'll stick with it. Even though I want to throw my alarm across the room when it goes off that early. So not a morning person. But I'm working on it.

2. I think I'm going to attempt NaNoWriMo this year. Oye. Do I really want to do that? Really? It would be perfect for my super secret project. I've just never written a book that fast. My fastest is two months. Could I do one in 30 days? Anyone else doing it? Want to talk me into it? lol

3. I got my little guy's first grade pictures back. First thing I noticed? He's wearing his jacket in it. The next thing? He's not smiling. Well, technically he is, but you can barely see one side of his mouth turned up. Aren't school pictures the greatest? I asked him why he was wearing his jacket and he told me he wears it all day every day at school. He never takes it off. WHAT? I swear I don't wear my jacket all day long at my house! I'm not sure where he got that from. Boys.

4. I hosted book club last night at my house. It was a blast. We read Divergent for it and all of us loved it. Which, usually we have at least one or two people not like the book as well. But we all agreed. Divergent ROCKED! We talked about the book for a few minutes and spent the next 3 hours just talking and laughing. I love girls nights. They make me happy. Even if we stayed up way too late and were all exhausted when everyone finally left. Good times. :)

5. Random fact: I hate bananas, but I LOVE banana bread. Is that weird?

Have a great weekend everyone! :D

20 comments:

Patti said...

Jessie over at Louder than Noise is doing a blog fest about writing early in the morning if you want to check it out.

Kayeleen Hamblin said...

I'm doing nano to get back into a real writing habit. If nothing else, you would be that much closer to being done. Do it!

Donna K. Weaver said...

I'm doing NaNo, too. I'm going to get the Divergent audiobook--but not until December. No distractions allowed! lol

Jessica R. Patch said...

Work out first thing? Brave, very brave! :)

i'm erin. said...

Hooray Chantele! I just about peed myself when you commented on my blog. I heart you.

Jenny S. Morris said...

My son wears his coat all day at school too. I'm not sure why. He did take it off for pictures though. Gotta love kids.

Ah, book club. That would be heaven. Hmm...banana bread. I want some really bad now.

Melissa Hurst said...

My oldest daughter wears her coat all day. She says the teachers keep the rooms cold.

I loved Divergent, too! Can't wait for the next one in the series.

S.P. Bowers said...

I did NaNo last year and it was a blast! Much easier than I expected too.

I loved divergent up until the end. That kinda killed it for me. I liked it enough to read the sequel but she'll have to keep up the good stuff.

Sarah Tokeley said...

Congratulations on keeping up with the exercise. I'm impressed.

And I think you should do NaNo. Just to see if you can :-)

Christine Rains said...

Do NaNoWriMo. You'll love it! :) School photos are hilarious. I can't wait until my little guy hits grade school!

Angela Cothran said...

I'm doing NaNo too :) You should totally do it--all the cool kids are!

I had book club last night too! Ha, isn't that funny. We do pretty good, we talk about the book of an hour and then it's four hours of a million other things. We got done at 1 a.m. :) Gotta love book club

Red Boot Pearl said...

Yay Divergent--loved that book!

Abby Fowers said...

You crack me up. Girls night/book club sounds like fun. I'm excited to read that book. I've decided that going to school sucks. I think you should do nanowrimo. I know you can do it!

Anonymous said...

Do NaNo! Positive peer pressure.

I'm doing it for the first time ever and I'm kinda nervous about it.

But there are lots of readers on this blog who are doing it too! We can all do it together.

Gamila said...

The bannana bread thing is not wierd at all. I am pretty sure a million people hate pumpking but love pumpkin bread. :)

Peggy Eddleman said...

1. Seriously? I just started waking up at 5:40 to exercise, too!
2. Good for you! You can do it. I know you can.
3. Last year, my son had to do make up pictures, and it happened during first period. P.E. Yep, you guessed it-- he got his pictures taken in his P.E. clothes. It was on my mantle for a year. Boys.
4. I just started reading Divergent today. :)
5. No, not weird. Unless I am, too...
6. Have I mentioned that I love how pretty your blog is? Because I seriously love it.

Tasha Seegmiller said...

Here's the scary thing about waking up early to exercise - you will hit the point where you are addicted to it. I know, crazy, but it happens.

Kindof like getting addicted to writing. And Diet Coke.

ali cross said...

You are fabulous! I admire you and the workout thing ;) And book club. Sigh. I miss book club ~ it disbanded cuz people moved and stuff. I STILL haven't read DIVERGENT. Methinks I should remedy that!

Enjoy your break!

Stacy Henrie said...

Love this list! That is pretty funny you'll eat banana bread but not bananas. My oldest son is the same way with his jacket - wearing it all day!

Melanie Jacobson said...

My son does the exact same thing with his jacket. Boys are weird.