So, my CP and friend, Leigh Covington posted a fun meme about her book today about her WIP. Then she asked everyone else to do it. Normally I don't do them because my brain never works to think of awesome answers, but I thought this one looked fun. :)
1. What is the name of your book?
THE GAME (working title)
2. Where did the idea for your book come from?
You know, I'm not really sure... I guess I watched Pirates of the Caribbean a few months ago and it sort of came from that...
3. In what genre would you classify your book?
YA Time Travel
4. If you had to pick actors to play your characters in a movie rendition, who would you choose?
Captain Raine: Penn Badgley
Emmy: Ellen Page
Ty: Austin Butler
5. Give us a one-sentence synopsis of your book.
Six teens are thrown into a dangerous game of time travel to find a magical artifact, and the one who finds it is the only one who can return home.
(That was a little lame, but hey, I only had two seconds to think of it...)
6. Is your book already published/represented?
Nope. Writing the first draft right now. :)
7. How long did it take you to write your book?
I'm hoping I'll be ready to query by the end of this year.
8. What other books within your genre would you compare it to? Or, readers of which books would enjoy yours?
Uh ... I have no idea. If you like pirates you might like it. ;)
9. Which authors inspired you to write this book?
I wanted to write something different than my usual paranormal and contemporary fantasy. So, this was the result. I don't know of any authors that inspired me for this particular book, but maybe I'll think of one later.
10. Tell us anything that might pique our interest in your book.
Time travel, nasty pirates, a handsome privateer and a race to get home? Is that good enough? I can't think of another way to explain it! Ha ha!
If anyone wants to do this, let me know! I'd love to see what you're working on! Or you can just leave it in the comments. :)