Can you believe 2013 is almost over? SERIOUSLY! Seriously. Freaking crazy. This year has been insane. But a good insane. :) At the end of each year, I like to look back on the goals I made in January to see how I did. And to see what goals I actually made...because I don't really look at them again after I write them. Yes. I'm weird.
Let's see how I did!
1. Polish Not Your Average Happy Ending. Turn into Editor so it can be published this year. DONE! But it won't be published until March, which is fine. At least I finished, right? Haha.
2. Finish my WIP. It's a contemporary YA and it's scary writing so far
out of my magical fantasy comfort zone. But I love this book. And I
think it's a good thing it scares me so much. DONE! Fastest book I've ever written. And I love it. Love, Lucas will hit the shelves in Spring 2015!
3. Query my WIP. I'm absolutely terrified of querying agents, but I'm
going to be brave and do it. You'd think I'd be a little more brave
since I've been there before, but no. That's why I'm so scared. Been
there. Done that. Hated it. DONE! And found my amazingly awesome agent, Nicole. :)
4. Enjoy writing. Last year I was so caught up in what I was doing wrong
and so critical of myself, I lost the joy of writing for a while. I
only finished one book last year and gave up on a bunch of others for
that very reason. I'm getting back into loving it again. I'm done
stressing over if it's good enough to get an agent or not. I want to
just love the words, the stories and characters I write about. That's
enough for me. DONE! I'm loving writing again. I'll admit it's still hard, but I love seeing how much I grow with each book.
5. Finish one more book and query it. DONE. Kind of. I did finish one more book, but my agent and I aren't shopping it around just yet...
6. I'm going to blog more. I've missed it. I may have to do it only once
or twice a week, but as long as I'm blogging a little, I'll be happy.
:) DANG. I've been a horrible blogger this year. With my little 1-year old running around, school for the kidlets, dance classes, piano and soccer. (For the kidlets, not me...) Yes. They take up all my time. Hopefully I can do better next year. I miss all my bloggy friends. :)
So much happened this year that I didn't expect to happen. I don't know how or why, but I'm so grateful to the people who have cheered me on through everything. I'm so excited to see good things happen next year. Not only in my life, but yours as well. Thank you for sticking with me this year, even though I don't post as often anymore. I'll do better. Hopefully. I'll be posting new goals in January, so I'll see you next year! ;) Bring on 2014!