Saturday, May 23, 2015

News!

So much has happened in the past few weeks, it's kind of hard to wrap my head around it all.

First thing, I attended the LDStorymakers Conference. It was AMAZING. I loved every second of it, especially because I was with my tribe. Writers are the best, ya'll. Check it out, especially if you live in Utah. I promise, it's worth every penny.

I had the pleasure of being on the committee this year. So, at the end of the conference,  the fabulous new Chair: Jenny Proctor called me as Co-Chair for next year. I'm excited, nervous, freaking out a bit, and humbled that she would ask me to take on such a huge responsibility.

Bring it on 2016!

My next piece of news is my awesome amazing agent sold my next book! Here's the official announcement:


From Publishers Marketplace:
Children's: Young Adult
Set in the LOVE, LUCAS world, Chantele Sedgwick's SWITCHING GEARS, about a teen who throws herself into mountain biking to try to deal with her lost love, her mother's devastating diagnosis, and life's general messiness, to Nicole Frail at Sky Pony Press, in a nice deal, for publication in Fall 2016, by Nicole Resciniti at The Seymour Agency (World).


I'm thrilled to be working with my awesome editor, Nicole Frail again! She is so great and encouraging and I can't wait to get started on edits and things.

The last piece of news, is my awesome friend Jolene Perry re-designed my website for me and made it look so fab. I love it and she's amazing at what she does.

Here's to good news, writer friends and a hopefully awesome holiday weekend!

6 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Love you so much, Chantele! And I'm so excited that wonderful things are happening for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's strange how a lot of events seem to cluster together. I can go for months without anything much happening, then there's a flurry of activity over the course of a few weeks.

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Michelle: I love you too!!

Hayley: It's totally weird, right? It's quiet forever and then all of a sudden everything happens at once! Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

Patti said...

That's super exciting, congratulations

Caryn Caldwell said...

Congratulations on your deal! That is fantastic! And have fun co-chairing for the conference next year. It's such a great event and I know you'll do a wonderful job.

play bazaar said...


Go to a lot of job fairs when you're looking for work. They provide a great amount of position that you're looking for.play bazaar You can also meet people here that can be very helpful to you.satta king