Friday, July 2, 2010

Keep Plugging Along

I'm still here. I took a brief hiatus when my baby was born, and I'm back in the saddle again! (Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of that line, but what the heck right?) I've been super busy editing The Last Heir and sending it out. I've gotten a few bites, but ultimately nothing spectacular yet. Which is fine. It's my first novel after all, and I honestly don't think it will get published, since a lot of first time authors don't get published until their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th books. It's been a huge learning experience to write it though, and I'm happy with how it turned out.
I'm working on some fantastic stuff right now, and am way excited about it. I joined Tristi Pinkston's challenge for July, and hope I can finish my first draft of "Not Your Average Fairy Tale" by the end of the month.
In other news, I always love the 4th of July weekend. I love hanging out with my cute hubby and sweet little kids. I probably won't get a lot of writing done, but that's okay. My family is my number one priority. Everyone have a good weekend! Oh, and if you feel like a BBQ while you are on the freeway heading to the fireworks, just follow this example!

Good thing I always have my camera with me! I've seen some pretty fun stuff!;)

1 comments:

Ruth Cox aka abitosunshine said...

Congratulations on the new baby!

Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!
Ruthi