I wasn't going to post anything until January, but I couldn't help myself. I've read a bunch of posts on setting goals for this new year and I had to stop and think about what mine are. I still have mine from last year. I only made one goal though.
Goal for 2010: Write 2 more books.
How did I do? I wrote one. BUT, I love it, and am so pleased with where it has ended up. I've never gotten a book as polished as this one, and it's been an amazing experience writing it this year. For kicks, I'll give you a little pitch I entered in a contest a few weeks ago and ended up getting one full request from, and a request to query an agent that doesn't accept unsolicited queries.
Armed with wings and a blue wand, being a fairy godmother should be easy. Unless your name is, Ash. And you're a dude.
Now, onto my 2011 goals.
1. Keep querying Not Your Average Fairy Tale. I have 2 fulls and a partial out right now, and I'm waiting to hear from several other agents from my query letter in January. We'll see how it goes!
2. Land my dream agent! (I can dream can't I?)
3. Outline sequel to Not Your Average Fairy Tale. I have SO many ideas I want to do with this series, but I'm not going to start writing it until I have interest in the first book.
4. Write and finish 2 more books. One YA fantasy, and one YA urban fantasy.
5. Rewrite The Last Heir. My first several drafts of this ended up being a train wreck after I figured out how to improve my writing. I still love the story, so I'm starting from scratch and doing it all over again.
6. Even if everything fails, don't EVER give up. Keep trying, keep writing, and keep dreaming.
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and go easy on the partying this weekend! ;)