Friday, August 5, 2011

Random Thoughts From This Week

1. After 2 weeks of sickies, my kids are finally feeling better! Yay!

2. My friend Jenn got a 2-book deal in GERMANY for her book INSOMNIA!! Go congratulate her! She is awesome! :D

3. My little guy is starting soccer. Brings back so many memories.

4. I'm going to Kiersten White's book signing tomorrow. WOOT! Can I just admit this is my very first book signing besides at a conference? Lame, I know. I don't know what to do with myself ...

5. I'm writing two books at the same time. One is super secret and I'm writing it in a notebook during spare moments throughout my day. Then I type it all up when the kids go to bed and work on INBETWEEN until bedtime. Call me crazy. I've never written 2 books at the same time, but it's going well. We'll see if I can keep it up. AND, I'm not editing while I write! This is a huge step for me. I'm just going to get these first drafts out and then edit one or the other when I'm done. Oh, the joys of writing first drafts. ;)

Have a great weekend! And I'll announce the winner of Matched tomorrow morning. :) If you'd like to enter to win, just click on this link and enter before midnight tonight.

12 comments:

Stacy Henrie said...

Sounds like some fun stuff going on! I wrote and edited my first book as I went along, but since then, I've tried to just get the first drafts down and I think I like that way better. Good luck with your two books!

Sarah Tokeley said...

Sounds like you're really busy, in a good way! Glad to hear the kidlets are all better.

Have fun tomorrow :)

Kimberly Krey said...

So I've never written and not gone back for some editing along the way. I'd like to, but I'm not sure I have it in me since I often read over what I've already written before diving in again.

Jennie Bennett said...

So glad your kids are getting better and that is so cool for your friend Jen! Someday...

Samantha May said...

Sounds like you're pretty busy! I am currently writing both a novel and a short story, so I know how it is writing two things at the same time. Best of luck to you!

Samantha

Abby Fowers said...

So glad the kids are feeling better. Have fun at the book signing too. I am going to congratulation Jen and check out her book! So cool. Also, you are awesome to be writing 2 books at a time. If anyone can do it, you can!

J.R. Johansson said...

Thanks so much for the shout out, Chantele! You're so sweet! <3 Glad to hear everyone is feeling better!

Michelle Merrill said...

I'm glad you guys are feeling better!

Good luck at the book signing :) I'm jealous! I want her to come sign books here.

Jessie Humphries said...

Book signings can be nerve racking. You are excited...but dont want to act like a little groupie or wierdo.
But that one sounds great.

Kasie West said...

Those are great things! I'm working on two books at the same time too. It's fun/crazy, huh? :)

Candice said...

Glad to hear your kiddies are feeling better.

I wish I were working on two books right now. I usually am, but I'm too sidetracked with editing and querying to find the brainpower needed for a new book.

Deana said...

I just read where Jenn got the book deal. That is so awesome!!
Sounds like you are a busy and happy gal:)
And so you know I haven't been to a book signing either...except through conferences. You are so not alone:)