I'm gearing up to go to LTUE next week, and had to remind myself what to bring. Here's a little list for those who haven't been to a conference before.
1. Tylenol. (You never know when your brain is going to explode from of all the awesome information it absorbs.)
2. Laptop or notebook. (You never know when that great idea is going to hit. AND you will want to take notes. ;)
3. Business cards. This is especially helpful if you have a blog and really want to network. Put your name and blog address on your business cards, so people don't have to write down all of your information and lose it somewhere.
4. Camera. Hello? I love taking pictures! Especially with all of the awesome people I get to meet in person! :D
5. Be excited. Be yourself. Be ready to learn. There are so many awesome classes at conferences and so many people just like you. Writers who are striving to do better and learn the craft. It's easy to feel overwhelmed at first, but once you go to a few classes, you'll feel like a pro.
And last of all, HAVE FUN! :D Any tips from you guys that you want to add?