It's a new year. Can you believe it? When I was younger, 2013 seemed like it was FOREVER away. And now it's here. So awesome.
As I've thought about all that happened in 2012, I've been trying to come up with new goals. New dreams. I've had an interesting writing journey so far to say the least. So, bring it on 2013!
I'm making my goals a little more realistic this year. I'll show you what I mean. :)
1. Finish my revisions and edits on Not Your Average Happy Ending. Turn into Editor so it can be published this year.
2. Finish my WIP. It's a contemporary YA and it's scary writing so far out of my magical fantasy comfort zone. But I love this book. And I think it's a good thing it scares me so much.
3. Query my WIP. I'm absolutely terrified of querying agents, but I'm going to be brave and do it. You'd think I'd be a little more brave since I've been there before, but no. That's why I'm so scared. Been there. Done that. Hated it.
4. Enjoy writing. Last year I was so caught up in what I was doing wrong and so critical of myself, I lost the joy of writing for a while. I only finished one book last year and gave up on a bunch of others for that very reason. I'm getting back into loving it again. I'm done stressing over if it's good enough to get an agent or not. I want to just love the words, the stories and characters I write about. That's enough for me.
5. Finish one more book and query it.
6. I'm going to blog more. I've missed it. I may have to do it only once or twice a week, but as long as I'm blogging a little, I'll be happy. :)
So, there you have it. My writing goals. I would LOVE to hear yours!